Monday, November 28, 2011

Light Rays Tutorial


Cheap and easy way to add light rays to any photograph in almost ANY photo-editor
(also works for video) 



STEP 1: Create basic shape for the light ray
beautiful.... 
STEP 2: Motion Blur

I see a face...
STEP 3: Layer it 
adding multiple copies of the same ray over and over in different spots of the picture to get a nice look... (change the blending mode to "add" so make the black go away...) 

this is a darker look to emphasize the rays

more washed out

Without the picture below this is what my rays ended up looking like...

I added brighter spots at the bottom to make the light more believable and added some dust particles to give a more dreamy, fantasy look... 


I did not take this picture... 


I think one of the most important parts of adding anything to a photography, is simply, matching the color... 

No comments:

Post a Comment