Tuesday, July 3, 2012

ANIME EXPO 2012





Anime expo 2012 was a blast!

ummm But you could go to any site to read about the events and stuff... I'll cut straight to the pics... At the end I'll go over some of the editing and nerdy technical aspects...


Click to enlarge any of these pics....
I AM MAD SCIENTIST!!! It's so cool!!!

"Please shut it off" - Rocco 

if you don't remember this, think of an old arcade game where you dig


EVANGELION SECTION: 


okay back to the rest:



spent all his money on the costume?


Okay so here's how I edited a lot of my images:

Duplicate the layers, then invert and convert the top layer to black&white


Change the top layers blending mode to Overlay


Change the opacity (of the top layer) to well whatever looks good to you, and also
do a Gaussian blur to the top layer, whatever looks good to you - experiment lameo!


Merge the two layers and do an Unsharp mask to touch it up.

so here's a compassion:
Overlay - Gausian blur - Unsharp Mask 


See the difference? 

And finally, this is optional cause sometimes its looks good.

The top image is before and the bottom image is after I bumped up the contrast... 
judge for yourself.




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe somebody cosplayed as Homer Simpson. I guess the standard is whatever Japan considers anime, which is everything animated television show, supposedly. Those were some good pics.

    ReplyDelete